Small onions 250 grams
Roasted sesame powder 1/2 cup
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Coriander powder 2 tsp.
Mango powder 1 tsp.
Vegetable oil 4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
1. Peel off the onion skin and wash the onions properly.
2. Make a cut in the centre of each onion. Be careful that you don’t cut the onion into two parts.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
4. First fry mustard seeds in it and then add roasted sesame powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, mango powder.Fry this masala for about 3-4 minutes on sim.
5. Let the masala cool and then fill this masala powder in each on the onion.
6. Next take a non-stick frying pan and heat the remaining oil .Then fry these stuffed onions for 4-5 on sim.You should not move from the place and keep a watch so that the stuffed onions don’t burn.
7. Put some water about 1/2 cup and let it cook till all the water gets dried up.
Serve hot. Decorate with coriander leaves.
Optional, you can also decorate with grated paneer/cheese.