For Bhaji :
Potato medium size 4
Cabbage chopped 1 cup
Cauliflower flowerets 1 cup
Green Peas 1/2 cup
Onions finely chopped 2
Tomato finely chopped 2
Green chili chopped 2
Butter 4 tbsp
Pavbhaji masala 2 tsp.
Red chili powder 1-1/2 tsp. (according to taste)
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala 1/2 tsp.
Salt according to taste
1 cup water for boiling vegetables
Pavs (soft buns) 8-10
Green Coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tbsp.
Onion Small size finely chopped (for serving) 1
Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
Green chutney / Tomato Sauce
1. Cut potato into small pieces. Wash the vegetables thoroughly with water.
2. Pressure cook all the vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, potato, peas) till well done. Mash them coarsely. ( If you are using frozen peas, then no need to pressure cook the peas)
3. Heat 2 tbsp. of butter in a frying pan or kadhai. Add green chili.
4. Add chopped onions and fry until they become light golden brown in color. Then add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes tender.
5. Add pavbhaji masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, and cook again for 4-5 minutes. (Incase you are using the frozen peas then add now)
6. Add the boiled vegetables, lemon juice and mix well. Simmer till it becomes thick, keep on stirring and mashing pieces in between.
7. Slit the pavs horizontally.
8. Apply little butter on tava and roast the pavs till hot and soft.
Garnish bhaji with chopped coriander leaves and onions. Serve hot with pav and tomato sauce/green chutney.