Ingredients for Katori
Maida – 200 gms
Oil – 300 gms
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Method for making katori / Basket
1. Heat 4 tbsp. of oil well.
2. Sieve maida and salt together.
3. Add hot oil to maida and make a stiff dough using water in required quantity.
4. Divide this dough into 15 equal portions.
5. Roll into thin rotis and prick with a fork all over.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai.
7. Grease the outside of a medium size steel bowl.
8. Take one roti, stick on the outer side of the bowl so that it takes the shape of the bowl. Press well.
9. Put in the hot oil along with the steel bowl. Remove the steel bowl as soon as it separates. Fry the bowl-shaped roti to a light brown color. Prepare all the katoris similarly and keep aside.
Ingredients for Filling
Masala Chhole – 1 & 1/2 cup
Sweet Curd (beaten) – 500 gms
Chopped Onions – 2
Urad Dal ke small vade (bhalle) – 15
Tamarind Chutney – 1 & 1/2 cup(Tamarind + Jaggery + Dates)
Green Chutney – 1/2 cup (Corainder leaves + Mint leaves + Green chillies + Ginger + Salt to taste + Few drops of lemon juice)
Sev – 100 gms
Boiled and cubed Potatoes – 4
Roasted Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Chat Masala – 2 tsp
Plain Salt and Rock Salt – 1 tsp each
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves – 1 cup
Pomegranate seeds – 1/2 cup
1. Apply Tamarind & Green Chutney inside of katori.
2. Now put katori in a serving plate.
3. Place urad daal ka vada (bhalla), one tbsp of masala chhole, some potatoes and onions.
4. Pour three tbsp of curd, one tbsp of tamarind chutney and one tsp of green chutney.
5. Sprinkle dhaniya powder, jeera poder and chaat masala on it.
6. Spread sev over the chat and garnish with coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.