Bread slices 6
Gram flour 1 cup
Mashed potatoes 1 cup
Chopped mint leaves 1/4 cup
Black salt powder 1/4 tsp.
Mango powder 1/4 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
Roasted cumin powder 1/4 tsp.
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
1. Cut each bread slice into two (triangular pieces).
2. Mix gram flour, red chilli powder and salt. Add water and beat with your hands to make smooth batter. It should not be very thick.
3. Mix mashed potatoes, chopped mint leaves, black salt powder, cumin powder, mango powder and black pepper powder.
4. Divide the potato mixture into 6 parts.
5. Stuff potato mixture between the two parts of each bread slice. Similarly stuff all the six slices.
6. Deep fry double decker bread pakoras in heated oil until golden brown.
Serve hot with chutney, pickle or sauce