Boiled mashed potatoes 3 cups
Refined flour (maida) 1/4 cup
Flaked rice (poha) 1 cup
Chopped green chilli 2
Chopped onion 1
Chopped tomato 1
Roasted cumin powder 2 tsp.
Red chilli powder 2 tsp.
Yogurt (curd) 1 cup
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
Green chutney 1/2 cup
Tamarind chutney 1/2 cup
1. Wash poha thoroughly and squeeze out all the water.Soak poha in about 1/8 cup water for 5 minutes so that it becomes soft. Then mash it.
2. Add mashed potatoes, refined flour and salt. Knead to a smooth mixture.
3. Take a little potato mixture and flatten it on your palm, round in shape and about 1 cm. thick. Similarly, make tikkis from the remaining mixture and keep aside.
4. Heat about 3 tbsp. oil in a frying pan (preferably flat) / non-stick pan.
5. Fry the tikkis on medium heat until golden brown on both the side. While frying turn the tikkis upside down so that they don’t burn.
6. Once you are done with all the tikkis, be ready to serve.
7. Take 2 tikkis in a plate. Flatten the tikkis, then add some chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, green chilli. Add about 1 tbsp. yogurt, little green chutney, tamarind chutney. Sprinkle pinch of red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt. Follow the same procedure for the remaining tikkis.
Serve hot aloo tikkia. (Optional- garnish with chopped green coriander leaves)