Basmati rice 2 cups
Lemon juice 5 tbsp.
Mustard Seeds 2 tsp.
Urad Daal 2 tsp.
Chana Daal 2 tsp.
Dried Red chillies 2-3
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
A pinch of asafoetida
A pinch of Turmeric
Roasted Peanuts 1/2 cup
Curry leaves 10-12
Grated coconut 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
1. Wash rice well before cooking.Then take rice with 3-3/4 cup water and add a little salt to it. Cook it in pressure cooker (wait for 1-2 whistles and then switch off the gas). You can also cook it in a pan or do microwave cooking just the same way as you cook ordinary rice.Once the rice is cooked, keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan or a kadai.
3. Add asafoetida, dried red chillies cut into two, urad dal and chana dal.
4. Cook until dals change colour to light brown.
5. Add peanuts and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to crackle, then add curry leaves. Fry for 10 seconds more.
6. Next add turmeric powder and stir well.
7. Add cooked rice, salt and lemon juice. Mix well very gently so that the rice grains does not break.
Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot.