Basmati rice 2 cups
Thinly sliced onion 1 small size
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Cumin powder 2 tsp.
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
1. Wash rice well before cooking. Add 3-3/4 cup water and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
3. When the cumin seeds start spluttering, add onion and fry until the onions turn transparent in color.
4. Then add cumin powder.
5. Add rice and salt & mix well.
6. Cook it in pressure cooker (wait for 1-2 whistles and then switch off the gas). You can also cook it in a pan or do microwave cooking