Basmati Rice Cooked 2 cup
Grated carrot 1 cup
Thinly sliced onions 1 medium size
Thinly sliced green chilli 2
Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Bay leaf 1-2
Curry leaves 8-10
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
Chopped Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
1. Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai.
2. Add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start crackling add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Add thinly sliced onions, green chillies and fry till pink. Keep this aside.
3. Add thinly sliced onions, green chillies and fry till pink.
4. Add grated carrot and curry leaves. Saute for a while and then add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.
5. Add cooked rice and gently mix well. Cover the pan and cook on a low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
Carrot Rice is ready to serve. Decorate with chopped green coriander leaves.