Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp.
Green chilli 2
Corinader leaves 2 tbsp.
Curry leaves 1 tbsp.
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
Sugar 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
1. Cut onion, tomatoes and green chilli into small pieces.
2. Heat oil (1- 1/2 tbsp.) in a pan. Add cumin seeds and green chilli and fry for about 1 min.
3. Add pieces of onion, tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, sugar and salt and cook until tender.
4. Remove from heat. On cooling, blend it in an electric blender along with the coriander leaves to make paste of medium consistency.
5. Heat remaining oil (1/2 tbsp.) in a small frying pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry until the seeds start splattering.
6. Add black pepper powder and red chilli powder. Pour over the tomato paste and stir well.