Tamarind 1 cup
Jaggery 1/2 cup
Sugar 2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
Warm water 2 cups
Vegetable oil 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
1. Remove the seeds from tamarind and soak it in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cloves. Fry for about 30 secs.
3. After half an hour, take out the pulp from the tamarind and add jaggery, sugar, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, cloves and salt.
4. Cook the tamarind mixture for 5 minutes on medium. Remove from the gas and let it cool.
5. On cooling, blend the contents in a blender..
6. Strain and cook until it becomes thick.