Plain Yogurt 250 ml.
Lemon 1/2 (squeezed to get juice)
Ginger root 1 inch. (chopped)
Onions 2 (chopped)
Garlic cloves 3 (chopped)
Turmeric Powder 1-1/2 tsp.
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Coriander powder 2 tsp.
Butter or clarified butter (ghee) 2 tbsp.
Fresh Vegetables (Suggested: Mushrooms, peas, carrots, cauliflower, potato. Can use other vegetables too) 2 cups
Cardomom 20 pods
Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the yoghurt and chopped ginger, garlic and onions into a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Add the lemon juice, salt and Pepper. Lightly mix
3. Add the spices but stopping before you get to the cardomom pods. Blend all the spices until nicely mixed
4. Add a few of the fresh coriander leaves and again mix until lightly blended. (At this stage this will smell fantastic)
5. Add the butter or clarified butter to a pre-heated slow cooker or large pot. Melt until the butter or clarified butter starts slightly bubbling. Add blended ingredients.
6. Take the cardomom pods and add to the sauce. Cardomom pods have a sharp taste and could surprise you with a sudden zingy flavor during the meal. To avoid that, powder these pods before adding them to the sauce.
7. Add the two cups of vegetables and mix lightly.
8. Add the rest of the Coriander leaves.
9. If cooking in a slow cooker, set to “low” and leave for about 6 hours. If using the pot to cook, keep on low heat until the mixture bubbles and the vegetables are to your liking.
Serve hot with rice and naan bread