Cauliflower florets 8 – 9
Green beans 11 – 12
Green peppers, small 2
Green peas 1/2 cup
Tomato, small 1
Onions, medium 2
Ginger 2 inches
Garlic 2 – 3 flakes
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1 tbsp.
Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
Salt to taste
Water 1 cup
1. Cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
2. Grate one onions and keep aside. Make thin slices of the second onion. Keep aside.
3. Make paste of almonds and cashews. Keep aside.
4. Make paste of ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Wait till they sputter.
6. Add grated onions and stir till lightly cooked.
7. Reduce flame. Add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, chilli powder and coriander powder. Stir. After a minute, add almond-cashew paste. Stir the mixture till it is barely dry and starts separating from sides of the pan.
8. Add carrots, cauliflower and green beans. Mix well. Now add water. Stir, cover and let boil for 4-5 minutes.
9. Add green peppers, tomato, green peas and sliced onions while continuously stirring.
10. Cook till vegetables are tender. Now add salt.
11. Leave on heat for a minute more.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.