Spinach 1/2 kg
Paneer 100 grams
Butter 3 tbsp.
Bay leaves 2-3
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
Ginger-garlic paste 3/4 tsp.
Green chilli paste 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
Vegetable oil as required
1. Mix ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and some water with spinach. Pressure cook it for about 7-8 minutes (just before the first whistle).
2. Cut paneer into small cubes. Keep 3 cubes separately for decoration.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry the paneer pieces on ‘medium’ heat till they turn slightly brown. Set the paneer pieces aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. of butter. Fry bay leaves and cumin seeds. Add chopped onion. Fry until the onions become pink.
5. Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala. Stir well.
6. Add paneer and cooked spinach (grinded). Mix well.
7. Put palak paneer in a baking tray .
8. Add rest of the butter. Bake for 1/2 hour at 180 deg C.
Grate the paneer kept aside for decoration. Decorate. Palak paneer is ready to serve.