Okra (bhindi) 1/2 kg
Tomatoes 3 (medium)
Onions 2 (large)
Green chillies 3
Cinnamon 1 piece
Bay leaf 1
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Oil 2 cups
Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Cut the onions, tomatoes, okra & green chillies.
2. Heat the oil in pan and add the okra pieces. Deep fry.
3. Remove fried okra and place on kitchen tissue or table napkin so that excess oil is removed. Keep it aside.
4. Heat 3 spoons of oil in a pan. Fry the cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf for 30 seconds. Now add onions, green chilli pieces and fry them until onions turn light brown.
5. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for one minute.
6. Add tomato pieces, red chilli powder and salt, cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes become soft. Stir twice or thrice to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
7. Add fried okra and mix slowly. Keep on heat for two more minutes and then remove the pan.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.