Freshly grated coconut 1 cup
Sugar 3/4 Cup
Milk 1 cup
Ghee/oil 2 tbsp.
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp.
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan for about one minute.
2. Add ghee to the pan and heat it. Then put the coconut and continuously fry it till it becomes dry.
3. Then add sugar and milk. Stir it continuously. Bring the contents to boil.
4. Add a pinch of cardamom powder for flavour.
5. Boil the srup till it becomes thick and starts sticking to the bottom.
6. Then add 1 tbsp. ghee and stir it for about half minute. The mixture should be soft.
7. Pour the mixture into a greased pan so that it spreads evenly. Let it dry for 5-7 min and then cut into square/diamond shape pieces.
Decorate it with a layer of silver foil.
You can also use fine grated coconut available in the market. Use fresh grated coconut for best taste.