Whole dried milk (mawa ) 1 cup
Refined flour 2 tbsp..
Sugar 1-1/2 cup
Baking powder 1/4 tsp.
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp.
Water 3 cup
Ghee as required
1. Mix sugar, water and cardamom powder and cook until the syrup becomes thick.
2. Mix mawa, refined flour, baking powder and water and make soft, smooth dough (Water should be just sufficient for kneading a smooth dough).
3. Make small balls of equal size. Be sure that the balls (“jamuns”) are smooth and no crack develops. Keep aside.
4. Heat ghee in a kadhai / deep frying pan.
5. Deep fry the balls over medium heat until golden brown.
6. Put the balls in hot syrup and keep aside for 10-12 minutes.
7. Gulab Jamuns are ready. Warm before serving.