Paneer 100 grams
Water 6 tbsp.
Sugar 3/4 cup
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp.
Cardamom powder or rose essence 1/2 tsp.
Ghee 3 tbsp.
1. Cut paneer into very small pieces.
2. Heat ghee and deep fry paneer pieces in hot ghee over medium flame until light golden brown.
3. Drain well and keep aside to cool.
4. Mix sugar and water. Cook the mixture until the syrup thickens. Add cardamom powder or rose essence. Put off the heat.
5. Add lemon juice and paneer pieces. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces gets properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.
6. Chena murki is ready.
Optional – Decorate with silver leaf