Water 2 cups
Milk 1 cup
Sugar to taste
Tea leaves 3 tsp.
Black pepper 3-4
Green cardamom powder 1/4 tsp.
Brown cardamom powder 1/4 tsp.
Ginger 1/2 inch
Aniseed 1/2 tsp.
1. Heat water in a pan.
2. Add sugar and tea masala (black pepper, cloves, green cardamom powder, brown cardamom powder, crushed ginger, aniseed) and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce the heat. Let it boil for another 5 minutes on low heat with pan partially covered.
4. When the bubbles start coming up, add tea leaves and milk.
5. Bring 3-4 boils and then switch off the gas.
6. Strain into the cups. Masala tea is ready to serve.